image
So I just did my first read through of the e-book "15 steps to Freelance Illustration", written by Thomas James. It was mentioned on one of the pod casts that I listen to religiously, Chris Oately's ArtCast, and they just had so many good things to say about it that I had to get it. 

I found it really informative about the illustration field. It was filled with things that I am going to be able to use when I build my portfolio and begin marketing myself. One of the biggest things that I needed to know that was covered in the book is the business side of working in illustration. How to write a contract, keep a budget, make your brand, and other things that you don’t consider when you first think of freelancing.

I intend to reread this book as well as work my way through the workbook that you get with it. It has just too much important information to read only once. I suggest it to anyone who is interested in freelancing, or is just about to start in the illustration field.
But of course, as soon as I get it it gets packaged in the Illustrator's Survival Kit.. Yeah I want it. 

The book "15 Steps to Freelance Illustration"
 In case you are curious about the podcast Chris Oatley's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment