I finally got a picture of this but I did this painting as a gift for my older sister. This is one of her children. I started this with a green under painting in acrylic, the frame was done in gray scale acrylic paint (really reminded me how much I dislike working in acrylic.) Then I glazed a ocher yellow/ red cadmium light mix with the first bottle of Galkyd I have ever used. Glazing is something I am new at but I like the fact that you can coat over other colors to make them richer.

The rest of the painting was done in oil, it gave me a chance to break out my new super small brushes so that I can start doing more small details that I usually leave out. This took a couple days, the hardest part was drawing the likeness of a cat. Turns out not all cats look alike..  

No comments:

Post a Comment