My week two paint study. This is done in digital and I think it suffered because of it, I sketched it in painter and just dove right in with blocking, blending, color temperature; all the fun stuff. It wasn't until I got near the end that I realize that the structure of the face was kind of wonky and I must have paid less attention to my sketch lines than I thought. So after making some last minute changes, mostly eye placement and angle, I feel I've salvaged it but if I had done it in oil it would have forced me to pay attention to the details.

I'm on a history kick by the way so I added the wimple headdress, though it is really a bit sheer to have been proper in the medieval time.

Well anyway this was a fun break time activity since I haven't been able to get to the painting part of the illustration piece I'm working on yet. All the work I've done for that is just drawing and checking, drawing and checking, until I feel that it is structurally sound. Its a horse and cowboy by the way, so it has a lot of room for flaws with proportion and joint angles since I had to partially make up the pose without reference. Hopefully that project will be up soon.

I'm also doing research for my next post and I'm pretty sure it's going to be about copyright. This is a really important part of selling your work and drafting contracts, so since I am only briefly acquainted with the legality of copyright there is much research needed ahead.

The reference for this picture Link

No comments:

Post a Comment